June 7, 2009 2 Comments
It’s been almost two months since my last post here.
- Work: We launched online enrollment at work. It was one of the last phases of our ERP implementation. Our old phone based registration is over.
- Geek/Work/Professional Accomplishment: My virtualization site Virtual Andy is now listed on PlanetV12N, a VMware blog aggregator.
- School: I completed my 4th semester of graduate school. This was the first time I’ve gotten a 4.0 GPA with Murray State. Two semesters left.
- TMI Alert: In late May, I had a colonoscopy. It was painless. The night before wasn’t pleasant. PS: Everything Is Just Fine. (TM)
- Geek Update: I got a sweet new machine at work. Some of my coworkers call it “Andy’s Server”. 12GB RAM, 1TB+ Storage, Dual Quad Core Xeon Processors, 2 22″ Dell LCD. I love it!
- Sad News: My parents are selling their condo at the lake, and I’m not buying it. This Is Not A Good Thing. (TM)
More On My Health:
I’ve been having some health problems, but I’m taking steps to have them fixed. The whole “eating whatever I want” isn’t a sustainable model. Hopefully this ordeal which has been going on since February (and its related costs) will be a wake up call for me. I’ve been doing good (aside from a weekend in St. Louis) and working out on an elliptical machine.
Aside from the change in eating habits, the hardest part of this all is saying “no”. My coworkers go out to eat a lot and so do my friends; I usually have to say no to them. Or I have to just go and have a water. I think most of them are understanding, but I don’t want to lose the social connections.
The Summer Reading List:
I recently finished The Lovely Bones (my GF requested I read it). My summer list:
- The Broken Window (in progress)
- I Will Teach You To Be Rich from one of my favorite bloggers Ramit Sethi
- Suze Orman 2009 Action Plan
- The Entire Harry Potter Series
- The Dark Half
The Summer Travel Schedule:
- June 13 – Wedding (Paducah, KY)
- June 19 – PHISH Concert (Nobelsville, IN)
- June 21 – Father’s Day (Owensboro, KY)
- June 23 – Taking a friend to Nashville
- July 3 – Visiting Friends in Kansas City, MO
- July 10 – Family Stuff (Owensboro, KY)
- July 11 – Pool Party (Kevil, KY)
- July 17-19 – Visit to GF (Gravel Switch, KY)
- July 26-31 – Vacation (All Around Pennsylvania)
- August 19 – Graduate school resumes
I’d better get those tires checked and the oil changed! Oh, and a vision check! It’s going to be a packed summer.