January 2, 2009 1 Comment
A day late… but here’s my traditional end of the year post.
My past end of the year posts:
2008 was pretty stable. I started the year with a lot of weight lost, but gained it all back during the summer. I’m pretty close to my wit’s end with that whole process. More on that later. I also started dating my current girlfriend in February, and we’re still going strong.
- A year ago I was single. Now I’m in a committed relationship.
- A year ago I had no idea what a virtual machine was. Whoa.
- A year ago I had never been to an NFL football game. In November, we went to Packers vs. Titans.
- A year ago I had never been in grad school. Now I’ve got three semesters left (6 courses)
- A year ago I was exhausted from staying up all night playing designated driver. This year I had three drinks (in 6 hours) and went home when the bar closed. This felt pretty good – being able to exercise control without completely sheltering myself from temptation
- A year ago I was an adamant fiction reader. I didn’t read nearly as much for leisure in 2008.
- A year ago I never imagined going to a hippy festival. ROTHBURY happened in July and it was a great time.
- A year ago I just started budgeting seriously. Now I’ve got a cool savings account and an emergency fund.