The Problem with GM
March 7, 2006 4 Comments
I’m in 6 classes this semester, 4 business classes. Each one of my business classes claims to know “What went wrong at General Motors”.
- ECO310 (Global Economics) – Previous trade restrictions put on Japanese imports (see voluntary export restrictions) have nipped us all in the butt
- MGT443 (Operations Management) – Quality Assurance wasn’t done properly at GM or any American auto manufacturer. Failure ensues.
- BPA442 (Business Ethics) – Poor ethical decisions were made at GM. There was not enough altruistic thought throughout the company.
- MGT590 (Strategic Management) – Poorly formed strategy was poorly implemented from the brass at GM.
Possible candidates from my non-business classes:
- AST199 (Astronomy) – Due to the current phase of the moon and Venus, it should have been obvious to GM not to spend so much.
- ENG101 (English 101) – An improperly worded memo reached the desk of the CEO which caused an irreversible chain of events.