December 31, 2005 3 Comments
- A year ago I was in a pretty terrible living arrangement. It’s pretty safe to say that the current arrangement is good.
- A year ago I was engrossed in MSURacers. Now I’m on the facebook a lot more.
- A year ago I was not a part of a fraternity. I’ve got a ton of great brothers now.
- A year ago I had not heard of Death Cab for Cutie, Muse, Kanye West, Tropical Fantasia, Thursday, or Thrice. They’ve all been added to the rotation.
- A year ago I used Winamp for my audio playing. Now I’m pretty well locked into iTunes and the iPod.
- A year ago I did not have a nephew. Andrew Jr. was born in April.
- A year ago I had not gotten above a 3.0 GPA for a semester. Spring, Summer, and Fall 2005 I was >= 3.6.
- A year ago I did not watch what I eat or exercise regularly. The last 5 months of 2005 I lost 30 pounds from diet and exercise.
- A year ago I ran jacked copies of Dreamweaver and Microsoft Office on my machine. I use Eclipse and OpenOffice now.
- A year ago I was still running Windows 2000 on a 1.1 ghz machine. I built Frostbite during the summer.
- A year ago I had not even dreamed of buying music CDs for a few years. I bought some music on iTunes this fall.
- A year ago I did not wear glasses. Now I’m an official geek, and I have to wear glasses at the computer or I get splitting headaches.
- A year ago I had never been involved with a musical. In January I was in the pit orchestra playing trombone for Annie Get Your Gun.
Other notables of 2005:
- Craig and Scott started blogging individually. Scott was featured in the WSJ and a prominent radio show, and Craig was featured on LifeHacker.
- The Triathlon Training Site was formed and they ran for the right reasons.
- Rick and Shaina had a wonderful new daughter named Shiloh.
- Christopher and I won AITP Birmingham’s web contest.
2005 was great.
Here’s to an even better 2006.