Yowza Yowza Yowza
December 27, 2005 4 Comments
If you’re reading this from an RSS reader you should come on by and check the new look. I’m using a cheesy WordPress theme, but I really really enjoy it. It’s so organized. I’m debating on making a ‘blue’ version of it… we’ll see, depending on how bored I get tomorrow.
I’m now running WordPress 2.0 which was released today. I don’t think I like the blue in the administrative UI, but everything as a whole seems to be very smooth.
WP2.0 The Good:
- Some AJAX and fades for UI responses
- Little improvements here and there
- File Uploading
WP2.0 The Bad:
- Blue UI… I just can’t get over it
WP2.0 The Ugly:
- Comes with TinyMCE WYSIWYG turned on! I couldn’t believe it. In my experience with WYSWIYGs…TinyMCE eats it. My vote is definitely for FCKeditor if you have to use a WYSIWYG editor…
In the tradition of my Christmas breaks, I’ve rented a lot of movies. Here’s the mini-review:
- The Pianist – I had rented this earlier in the semester, but fallen asleep during each attempt at watching the movie. I finally finished it and loved it.
- Star Wars Episode 3: Revenge of the Sith – Probably my favorite of the entire series, but I really wonder what I’d think of it if I had watched them all chronologically.
- Mahler – Didn’t finish it—started it and it was pretty much garbage.
- Psycho – GREAT!!! I finally got surprised at a movie.
- Crash – I didn’t rent this, but the DVD is at our house… I really liked this movie, but I wish it were a little longer with more character development.
- Malcom X – I really liked this movie. I learned what Conk is as well as learned a lot about the guy’s life. Of course, I read more about him online after watching the film because Spike Lee isn’t the most non-biased source of information.
- To Kill a Mockingbird – Watching this one tonight…
Whew. I think I’m going to buy a new digital camera since mine is kind of screwing the pooch. I’ve had my Nikon Coolpix 3700 for 2 years (well, 2 years in march) but I’ve given it quite the beating. I’ll be sure to buy a snazzy carrying case for the new addition.
Here’s my current pick if anyone finds a better price for >3MP and SD storage, and quick shipping (I need it no later than Jan 4) let me know ASAP.