Till the Gutters Overflow
December 14, 2005
I’m pretty much done with my Fall 2005 semester.
- I just finished my CIS260 (COBOL) project and ran a lap around the house. It was that gleeful. Expecting an A or B in this class.
- I finished CIS304 (Systems Analysis and Design) today. I got an 85% on the final, had a B in the class before weights on our grades that would be further in my favor for a B. I was a little worried about a C in this class, but I think I’m going to be just fine.
- I’ve got to finish CIS309 (Data Mining and Warehousing) tomorrow, but that class has not been terrible. I’m expecting an A or a B in that class.
- I’ve also got to deliver some printed materials (specifically, a WordPress tutorial that I’ve yet to write and some other printed documents) to Dr. Raj for CIS 420 (Software Implementation) but I think our presentation went really well on Monday. Expecting an A in this class.
- Management ended Monday when I turned in my final exam and my paper. I’m expecting an A in this class.
A’s and B’s… not quite the 4.0 I was hoping for at the beginning of the semester, but I wasn’t really counting on CIS304 being as much work .
I’m doing the LJ thing because my domain is currently down. I’m a little miffed about this and it’s completely out of my hands at the moment. Basically, I had a bad script running in a shared hosting environment that was causing other users problems. Bad as in, poorly written. I’m pretty convinced it wasn’t one I have written because I wasn’t getting the usage reports until AFTER I upgraded to WordPress and I tried to play with some of their plug-ins.
We’re hosting the 12 gadgets of Christmas on Friday. I’ll be demonstrating iPods of all shapes and sizes. For me, things have been better at work because school has sucked a lot of my passion for the tech end of things away. HAVING to do a website, HAVING to do all of this analysis and programming really takes away from the passion I have… which sounds retarded, but it’s true.
Anyway, now that the burden of school has been lifted I am already much more excited about work.
That’s all I’ve got. I have no idea what I want for the holidays and I don’t know what I want to give. I should probably decide that soonly…
Off to go play some Q2 for LPC2K5